RESOURCES TO ADVANCE YOUR BUSINESS
Looking for ways to make your business thrive in Leawood? Start your search here for excellent resources.
Business grows in Leawood – and it doesn’t stop. In fact, the community has grown to over 33,000 people, and it has nearly 1,000 business establishments. So why have we been so economically successful? There are plenty of reasons. You might say it’s because we’re closely connected to the Kansas City metro through a great highway system. Or maybe it’s because our amenities blow many cities our size out of the water. Whatever it is, businesses are happy to call Leawood home.
Setting Records in Economic Activity
Every day, more and more businesses are choosing to locate to Leawood because the buying power of residents offers the customer base that businesses desire. Below you’ll find many reasons why Leawood is a smart business move.
- • The Leawood population has an average gross annual income of $159,525.
- • Since 1995, Johnson Country has been Kansas’s top employment provider.
- • The Leawood community has 997 business establishments who currently employ approximately 17,370 individuals.
- • In the 2011 Johnson County Community Survey, 87% of respondents rated Johnson County as either an excellent or good place to work.
- • In 2012, the Johnson County economy accounted for more than half of the new businesses and job growth in the Kansas City Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). Within the past five years, the Johnson County economy provided approximately 30 percent of all full and part-time employees in the Kansas City Region and more than 20 percent in the state of Kansas.
- • Leawood’s business base has grown in its number of shopping and mixed-use developments, including Mission Farms, Town Center Plaza, Park Place, and Town Center Crossing.
- • Click HERE to learn more about the business incentives that Kansas offers.
Superior Amenities in a Superior Environment
So many people live, work and play in Leawood because of the variety of entertainment and palate-pleasing opportunities. In other words, you’ll never experience a shortage of shopping sprees, lunch breaks and happy hours. The wide array of retail shopping areas, outdoor concerts, neighborhood bars and grills, and premier movieplexes keep everyone’s adventurous spirit satisfied. And if you want to take the adventure outside, Leawood’s park system is second to none; offering extensive biking, hiking trails and recreation programs.
Source: CERI 2014-Leawood Trade Area Profile, Johnson County Manager’s Office, thinkbigks.com, U.S. Census Bureau, BLS U.S. Department of Labor